Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lawrence of Arabia - 50th Anniversary CE - US BD

I believe no one needs another review on the film and this product.
But I hope photos of the package can help some people who are not yet sure which edition they should get, gorgeous 4-disc giftset or simpler 2-disc set.




The Box


Inside the box


Keepcase: 1 CD + 3 BDs


CD tracklist:

  1. Overture (4:15)
  2. Main Title (1:54)
  3. We Need A Miracle (3:06)
  4. In Whose Name Do You Ride? (1:22)
  5. That Is The Desert (2:51)
  6. Nefud Mirage (2:21)
  7. Sun's Anvil (3:10)
  8. Lost In The Desert (2:09)
  9. Bringing Gasim Into Camp (3:34)
  10. Arrival At Auda's Camp (1:59)
  11. The Voice Of The Guns (1:58)
  12. Entr'acte (4:15) *
  13. Continuation Of The Miracle (2:15)
  14. Lawrence's Bodyguard (2:05)
  15. End Credits (1:06)
  16. Exit Music (2:37) *

Total time: 41:50
*: previously unavailable

I'm especially glad they had this CD in the set.
The soundtrack CD has been strangely OOP for a long time.
The used copy I got has been degraded so badly in the last decade

My thoughts on extras


Except for the interview with Peter O'Tool (on BD #2),
I find newly added extras (on BD#3) are generally boring.
If you are to get this edition because of BD #3, don't expect much.
The deleted "balcony" scene is the only extra I find really worth seeing in BD #3.

There's one thing I wish they included:
David Lean's brief speech at the premiere screening of the restored version,
which was included in the old LD and not in DVD, and BD.
Pity.


US versions:



UK versions: